Sierra Nevada and North Carolina Building Performance Association (NCBPA) welcome area homeowners and renters interested in learning how to save energy to attend a free one-hour workshop on June 11th at 5:30pm at Sierra Nevada in Mills River! Home energy experts will present a wealth of tips to help lower your home’s energy usage and describe how you, your friends and family, and the environment will benefit from doing so. Local companies will be on hand to demonstrate DIY projects and answer questions about your home. This event is free to attend but registration is required. Happy hour follows!
Find more information below and click here to register! Space is limited!
Email Info@BuildingNC.org or call 919-841-6207 with any questions.
When and Where
Monday, June 11th from 5:30 – 6:30pm
Sierra Nevada’s Mills River Taproom
100 Sierra Nevada Way
Mills River, NC 28732
The workshop will be held in High Gravity, an event space upstairs from the Taproom.
Happy hour to follow!
About the Workshop
Interested in saving energy at home but don’t know where to start? Have you already taken steps on your own but need help to do more? Trying to figure out what’s causing high energy bills? Register for this workshop to find the answers to these questions and many more!
This one-hour workshop is presented by NCBPA and www.HomeEnergyNC.org, North Carolina’s one-stop free online resource for all things home energy. Visit the website to learn what you can do to save energy and find a contractor if you need help!
This workshop will instruct homeowners and renters how to save energy at home and how they’ll benefit from doing so. Topic areas include:
- How homes create and use energy
- The importance of a strong and tight envelope (the outside of your home)
- Energy loss mysteries in attics, crawlspaces and basements
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) energy efficiency
- Lighting, appliances and other energy-using devices
- Consumer behavior – simple steps that don’t cost any money!
Stick around after the workshop to speak with these and other local companies offering programs, products and services that can help you take action on what you learned in the workshop:
- Blue Horizons Project: The Blue Horizons Project was conceived to help achieve these goals by promoting energy efficiency throughout the region. Its role is to enlist public support and provide easy access to resources that allow everyone to be a part of creating a clean energy future.
- Conservation Pros: Conservation Pros helps homeowners live comfortably for less by using tried and true weatherization techniques that save energy and money.
FREE to Attend!
This workshop is 100% free to attend. If you would like to purchase an informative workshop guidebook, select that option on the registration page. The guidebook costs $30 and includes a wealth of DIY home energy tips, photos, checklists and much more! Order yours in advance to guarantee receipt!